On Thursday, I turned 30! I officially feel old. LOL. I woke up fairly early because I was headed to church for a cooking class. Mike had left for work already but he left me a special present for me! He did his research and found me a scrapbooking store near by and got me a gift card for a little shopping adventure. I am super excited because I am in need of a craft fix! The girls got up and Karis cried almost all morning before we left. It always seems like such a rush to get out the door on time. I told myself that I needed to leave the house extra early just because I knew we would run behind as always. I was about to head out the door about 15 minutes later than I had planned (the norm), and Karlee had pooped and leaked out her diaper. I had to completely change her while Karis was flipping out screaming and rolling on the floor. I get Karlee all better and Karis followed to the car. load everything up and I left Karis to put her in the car and she had pooped! Thankfully contained but I didn't want to unload Karlee so I changed her in the car. LOL. So now we are really late but actually we weren't but a few minutes late because traffic was better than expected.
![]() |
| Gnocchi...these were not mine. I had put mine away before I thought of taking a picture. |
After the class, some of us stayed around to chat with others who came from a gym class. I had a great time visiting with them. :) We left and went home for nap time. Both kids screamed and cried and didn't nap for long. Since the kids weren't napping, we went to the store to get stuff to make the pasta sauce. I spent the rest of the afternoon juggling kids and making the sauce. Not much of a relaxing day like I had hoped for. I guess that's how 30 year olds spend their birthdays with 2 littles. ;)
For the weekend I wanted to do something fun for my birthday. Monday was a holiday so we headed to Swan Valley, which is wine/ vineyard country. Everyone had been telling me about this wonderful place where you get free chocolate, so I had to check it out! We went to Margaret River Chocolate Company. We brought a picnic and ate, drank, and bought some delicious chocolate. Since it was a holiday, there were a ton of people there. I have never seen such a diversity of people in one place. I guess chocolate brings the world together. ;) After our chocolate fill, we went to Whiteman park and drove around and let Karis play at the playground. It was a great end to my birthday weekend.
| Mounds and mounds of chocolate! |
| Whiteman Park. Yes, no dirt here, just sand...everywhere! |
![]() |
| Karis, driving us around ;) |
![]() |
| I got some instant chocolate mousse! I can't wait to try it :) |




Love the story! Sorry, you didn't get the relaxing birthday you deserve. When I visit, I will baby sit for you to take a break! Love you!!
ReplyDelete