Sunday, March 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend for Labor Day. We got several things done around the house on Saturday. Felt like I spent most the day in the kitchen. I have been trying new recipes and having to cook from scratch some. Many of the ingredients or products that I would often use I can't find here. For instance, no pre made biscuits, pie crusts, cookie dough, Rotel, spaghetti sauce, etc. All that means is more work for me. Just the big push I needed to start cooking with less processed foods. Saturday evening we went for a picnic at the park in our neighborhood.


Monday, we went to the Perth zoo. It was a little warm but most of the zoo was shaded so it was very nice. The zoo is split up into 3 sections - Australia, Asia, and Africa. It was neat to see the Australia animals that are not in most US zoos. They had a section that you walk through with kangaroos not fenced off. I think our favorite was the saltwater Crocodile. That guy was HUGE. You will never find me in the water in North Australia. I think I enjoyed seeing all the different and beautiful plants that they have here as much as the animals.


 
Wednesday was Mike's birthday. I decided to make him his favorite cupcakes that require coffee in them. Let the adventure begin... We don't have a coffee pot and really don't drink it much so I went in search of one. Not a normal coffee pot to be found any where! I finally found one and it was $70. Heck no for people who do not drink coffee much. I had decided to just pick up a cup of coffee at a fast food restaurant. I finished my shopping and headed home to put Karis down for her nap. I get her down and start to bake then I realize that I forgot to get the coffee! So I got her up and packed both kids back in the car and went and got coffee. I get home and put kids back to bed and start baking. I made everything, put batter in the cupcake pan, and put in oven but the pan doesn't fit in my tiny oven! Just a hair too big! After some thinking I found that the foil liners I used can stand alone. Hooray! I was able to bake on a normal pan. The end. Cupcakes were delicious! Happy Birthday, Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment