We had our own little American celebration for the 4th of July here in the down under. We decided to go to a hot dog restaurant to celebrate! For the month of July, Run Amuck sells chili dawgs in honor of the 4th. Now these are not typical American hot dogs but Brats. No yummy, American hot dogs here in Australia. :( Actually, they have fresh hot dogs here and call them sausages. They don't taste the same because they actually have real meat in them and not full of processed junk. Anywho, we got our dawgs and they were giving away Reese's milkshakes to Americans! They also made my day because they had cherry Coke and cherry Dr. Pepper! Here in Australia there is no Dr. Pepper or anything cherry. I have found single imported cans of DP in the British section of the grocery but at $2.10 a can it only happens once in a blue moon. After we got our food we went to a near by park near the beach to eat.



After eating, Karis played at the park then we went for a walk on the jetty by the beach. There was a dog beach right next to us. I got all teary eyed thinking about how much fun Samson and Mariah would have on the beach and playing fetch in the ocean. We miss our fussy babies!
 |
| Dog beach...all the pups having fun |
 |
| My little Roo hanging out |
 |
| Daddy cuddles |
 |
| Karis playing at the park |
Great pictures! I love the one of Karis gazing at Mike! Sad to hear about hot dogs and Dr. Pepper.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures but make me cry cause I miss y'all so much. Hopefully I will see y'all sooner than later. Love Mom
ReplyDelete