The flight was better than I expected. What I expected was lots of screaming, crying, breath holding fits, exhaustion, no sleeping babies, dirty looks from others, and Karis running up and down the isles. There was only a few fits and crying but not bad. There were other families on the flights with crying kids too. Most people had their headphones on anyway. Karis slept really well in the car seat and Karlee did well in the bassinet. I must say the way to travel with a newborn is with the bulkhead seating where they attach the bassinet to the wall. I was able to change both girls diapers in it which was a huge relief from the nasty bathrooms and long lines. Food wasn't terrible on the flights either. That was great because we had no time between flights.
When we arrived we had to catch a taxi to the house. The driver was from India where I guess he is use to not using the a/c. We had come from winter and it is summer here. A 45 minute drive in the hot summer with no a/c in winter clothes. It was hot! I also had a few moments of panic watching cars come towards us in the wrong lane! ;) I did that for about the first week.
Karis watching TV.... Only entertained her a few minutes though
 |
| Karlee snoozing |
Arriving in Perth
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI just love it!!
Delete